- In leaked emails, celebrity journalist Paul Mason plots extensively with Andy Pryce of the UK Foreign Office Counter Disinformation and Media Development unit.
- Pryce’s Counter Disinformation unit has been cloaked behind a veil of near-total secrecy since its inception.
- Mason and Pryce sketched a blueprint for an information warfare outfit funded “through cut-outs” and modeled after the notorious Integrity Initiative.
- Mason pitched a “Putin Proxy Watch” project guided by “info war experts” to attack “bad actors” in the UK.
- Mason calls for suspending UK libel law to smear targets, special effects-driven project to sensationalize Russian atrocities.
- Researcher Emma Briant advised Mason on his leftist target list, proposing adding independent outlet Declassified UK.
- Mason proposed astroturfed “black and Asian voices” project to push back on Black and brown critics of Ukraine proxy war.
- Mason revealed his participation in upcoming BBC assault on Stop The War Coalition.
On June 7th, The Grayzone revealed how British journalist Paul Mason planned to wage all-out war on anti-imperialist and left-wing academics, activists, campaign groups, independent journalists and media sites – and particularly this outlet.
Since the conflict in Ukraine erupted, Mason has aggressively assailed any prominent figure calling for a diplomatic resolution or opposing NATO escalation, authoring columns advocating for government censorship of facts and viewpoints he perceives to be insufficiently anti-Kremlin, and demanding “state action” against media personalities that oppose NATO expansion.
Since The Grayzone revealed that Mason has also been operating through covert channels to sabotage his leftist targets, a question lingers: is the British celebrity journalist purely a freelancer, building a clandestine informal coalition of fellow travelers to undermine and ostracize his perceived enemies on his own initiative, or are his activities influenced by shadowy state actors?
An answer lies in leaked private communications between Mason and Amil Khan, chief of intelligence contractor Valent Projects, in which the pair propose individuals to invite to an anti-Grayzone summit, where this outlet’s “relentless deplatforming” and a “full nuclear legal” assault to “to squeeze [it] financially” was to be plotted.